shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

empliau

Shiny_Rock
They look pretty dainty, which may or may not be your taste! Have you tried them on? I think the engraving and the shape are both really pretty, it doesn't have that unrealistic look that some gingko jewelry does.

Here's a similar pair for comparison. I haven't purchased from this seller, I just did a quick search for gingko earrings and found these. https://www.etsy.com/listing/587554245/18k-yellow-gold-ginkgo-earring-made-in
Ah well, they are by a quite remarkable (in my opinion, judging from photographs) goldsmith. So they may be dainty, but I trust they are well made. Now that I have the pearls I've always wanted (except a nice bracelet, but that will wait), I would like incredibly well-made work from a master. But I do have to get a measure of how big they will be - they are 9 x 6 mm, so quite small, though my spatial awareness is minimal.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi mrs-b! :wavey: Yes, that was mine. I don't mind at all—your diamond is going to look beautiful in that setting! I still miss it, so please share lots of photos once it's done!

Will do! And thank you for being so generous. <3

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
Ah well, they are by a quite remarkable (in my opinion, judging from photographs) goldsmith. So they may be dainty, but I trust they are well made. Now that I have the pearls I've always wanted (except a nice bracelet, but that will wait), I would like incredibly well-made work from a master. But I do have to get a measure of how big they will be - they are 9 x 6 mm, so quite small, though my spatial awareness is minimal.

I understand! I bought a pair of earrings recently from MC2. They aren't even totally my style but they were hand-forged by a master and that makes them my style, lol!

This isn't my photo and of course everyone's ears are different but I know that this earring is 10mm x 3.5mm if that helps you at all.

1716065965741.png

empliau

Shiny_Rock
I understand! I bought a pair of earrings recently from MC2. They aren't even totally my style but they were hand-forged by a master and that makes them my style, lol!

This isn't my photo and of course everyone's ears are different but I know that this earring is 10mm x 3.5mm if that helps you at all.

1716065965741.png

The little branch one? It's just lovely!

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
The little branch one? It's just lovely!

Yes, the little branch! It's from BVLA and a lot of people use it for cartilage piercings. I used to have a pair as an attempt to not buy the Tiffany ones I really wanted but I ended up just getting the Tiffany in the end, lol! These are about 8mm wide and 20mm long
1716067241182.png

These are my giant (for me) MC2 earrings. They're around 18mm in diameter:
1716067400458.png
1716066979728.png

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi mrs-b! :wavey: Yes, that was mine. I don't mind at all—your diamond is going to look beautiful in that setting! I still miss it, so please share lots of photos once it's done!

I can't believe you were able to let it go! Did you end up with something you like even better? I really hope so! <3 Can I ask what size diamond was in yours? I looked at that setting long and hard when you were selling, as you know, but just didn't see myself with another diamond of "that size" - meaning - I know it was large (large is good!). I just hope this new 2ct baby will be big enough to do it justice. Were there 6 "shields" in the basket, or 4?

Thank you for your help with this and for letting me use your beautiful design. I was chatting to Amy on Friday, telling her that anything I got at this point in my jewelry collecting life had to be perfect. I see that design as perfect. Always have.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, the little branch! It's from BVLA and a lot of people use it for cartilage piercings. I used to have a pair as an attempt to not buy the Tiffany ones I really wanted but I ended up just getting the Tiffany in the end, lol! These are about 8mm wide and 20mm long
1716067241182.png

These are my giant (for me) MC2 earrings. They're around 18mm in diameter:
1716067400458.png
1716066979728.png

Oh my goodness those earrings!!!!! Love love love love!!!!! They are sooooo me!!!!!! I want!!!!!

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
+ a billion. Time to break out my MC2 out of the drawer.......
Oh my goodness those earrings!!!!! Love love love love!!!!! They are sooooo me!!!!!! I want!!!!!
Show us, @canuk-gal!

There are still a handful of older MC2 pieces on sale at McTeigue....

$8500 for this 1.74 L/VS2 ring:
1716151380207.png
This 24" turquoise necklace with a beautiful clasp for $2275:
1716151420420.png

I tried to convince my partner on this band -- it's his size! But he doesn't like it :( I'm a little surprised, he's a rock climber and likes hammered finishes and these colors but he says it's too fancy for him
1716151551260.png

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@newtojewels I have to stay OFF of that site!!!!!!! Gawd I stalked it forever.....

cheers--Sharon

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
HI:

@newtojewels I have to stay OFF of that site!!!!!!! Gawd I stalked it forever.....

cheers--Sharon

I keep telling myself that I don't wear the beaded necklaces I already have but I think the turquoise necklace is beautiful and I love the clasp. I don't need more, I don't need more, I don't need more.

And the Aquaduct ring is a steal! I can't believe it hasn't sold. So I also need to tell myself that I can't buy my own engagement ring when I'm not engaged. Don't do it, don't do it!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! I love the pendant on the delicate turquoise beads, what a fun look. They would go really well with my earrings so you should just lend them both to me :lol:

You first! BC I saw those earrings before you! :bigsmile::P2:cheeky:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Last edited:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just snapped up a fourth OEC for my anniversary five stone!

I was waffling about what sizes to go with for the band. But I kind of knew it would likely be determined by whatever the next diamond looked like that I managed to find that fit my parameters lol! Sure enough, tonight one of the great scrap sellers I follow on eBay posted a .54ct K VS2 diamond with a GIA report for a great price and it looked like a decent match for my (uncerted) suite. So I grabbed it! This means my ring will be all 5mm stones. Super nervous and excited to see if it works!

The diamond gods must be pleased with all the sacrifices I have been making to them of late, because today I found another diamond! It's a .53ct L SI1 with a GIA report. Leaning a little more towards OEC, like the K VS2 I also have on the way, whereas my three stone suite is a little more cushiony. But table sizes, crown heights, colors, and diameters are all very well matched.

Fingers crossed this one works out toooooooo! If it does my five stone will be 2.74cttw :kiss2:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't believe you were able to let it go! Did you end up with something you like even better? I really hope so! <3 Can I ask what size diamond was in yours? I looked at that setting long and hard when you were selling, as you know, but just didn't see myself with another diamond of "that size" - meaning - I know it was large (large is good!). I just hope this new 2ct baby will be big enough to do it justice. Were there 6 "shields" in the basket, or 4?

Thank you for your help with this and for letting me use your beautiful design. I was chatting to Amy on Friday, telling her that anything I got at this point in my jewelry collecting life had to be perfect. I see that design as perfect. Always have.

Thank you so much for your kind words, mrs-b! I can't take credit for the bulk of the design, though. My diamond was 4.3ct., and there were 6 shields in the basket. I did indeed get something I like even more—a pink diamond halo—but there are days when I miss the clean lines of a beautiful solitaire.

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’ve always wanted a squash blossom necklace and saw one that I couldn’t resist. It’s an older unmarked piece (heavy at 200+ grams) & there was no info on the type of turquoise, but I do love the lighter blue. I hope the photos are TTL. Will post pics when I receive.
IMG_6526.jpeg IMG_6528.jpeg IMG_6529.jpeg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve always wanted a squash blossom necklace and saw one that I couldn’t resist. It’s an older unmarked piece (heavy at 200+ grams) & there was no info on the type of turquoise, but I do love the lighter blue. I hope the photos are TTL. Will post pics when I receive.
IMG_6526.jpeg IMG_6528.jpeg IMG_6529.jpeg

My Mother adored these......

dhimer

Shiny_Rock
I’ve been sick for the last few weeks so jewelry shopping online has been keeping me entertained!
Here are the 3 items I’ve been considering. All in 22-24 k gold. Don’t need any of them, but they are pretty. I hope I feel better soon because my wallet is suffering lol
IMG_6932.jpeg

I pulled the trigger and bought #3. Should have it in 2 weeks ….
But now I can’t stop thinking abt #1 as well …. What should one do ? IMG_6928.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6929.png
    IMG_6929.png
    233.7 KB · Views: 13

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don’t want my PS card revoked by @Dreamer_D so…BUY IT! ;)) It’s a gemstone + gold necklace, so different from the one you already purchased. Both are pretty!!

According to the PS bylaws (that I made up), failure to enable is NOT a cause for revokation. So you are safe either way @Eli22 . However, your actions may gain you a commendation at the annual PS awards ceremony (that I also made up)!

Keep up the great work!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i'm trying to convince myself I don't need a "matching" Lucida band for my Lucere diamond..
Someone please tell me the RR listing is terrible in some way or too overpriced for what it is. pretty please?

971349 971350

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
i'm trying to convince myself I don't need a "matching" Lucida band for my Lucere diamond..
Someone please tell me the RR listing is terrible in some way or too overpriced for what it is. pretty please?

IMG_4473.jpeg IMG_4474.jpeg

Ohhh for the shipping maybe worth it to see them together (the 15% off one, right?).

lavenderdragonfly23

Shiny_Rock

IMG_4473.jpeg IMG_4474.jpeg

I love how they look together! ❤️

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results