shape
carat
color
clarity

Your Latest Jewelry Purchases/Things You're Considering....

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Garland Necklace

I'm a naughty PSer bc I haven't posted any bling updates in a long time.

Here is a piece that I'm in purchasing. Its vintage with French hallmarks, but no signature. I've seen and tried on a lot of high end jewelry, and I can say the workmanship in this necklace is incredible. Every single leaf is articulated so it can move independently, and most are engraved by hand with veining and striations that give them a visual depth and catch the light when the leaves tremble. Ribbons of white gold leaves run through the necklace and contain tiny glistening diamonds.

18K YG & WG, 3.2 ctw diamonds (71 RBC), handmade, probably from the 1950's or 1960's.

These are very bad photos as I was hot, tired and sunburnt at the end of a long day at Roundtop Antiques fair and these were taken in a barn with bad lighting.

Necklace Vintage French 1 small.jpg

Necklace Vintage French 2 small.jpg

This is so beautiful! Your great eye is helping you build a stunning collection

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
For the last few Birthdays I’ve treated myself to a Tiffany bracelet to stack. This year (a couple of months early) I’ve bought an 18ct gold & emerald lucky clover bracelet from Etsy. It caught my eye as my new Big Birthday watch has a Wimbledon green face set in yellow gold, so I thought it complimentary. It came with certification (unexpected) & the green is SO vibrant :kiss2: The catch is hideously tight & put a pokey hole cut in DD’s finger, so it’ll be another one to add to the Clean On The Wrist brigade…!

IMG_3070.jpeg

IMG_3074.jpeg

IMG_3076.jpeg

@Ally T and @oldcutclubmember, just FYI, I received my bracelet and the stones do not test as emeralds with my Presidium tester.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My sapphire starburst pendant came today. I love it! This is my first blue sapphire piece ever, and I think I’m hooked. The stones are nice and bright, not dark at all, and I can’t wait to wear it with royal blue and navy clothing.

IMG_4628.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4626.jpeg
    IMG_4626.jpeg
    226.6 KB · Views: 9

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Ally T and @oldcutclubmember, just FYI, I received my bracelet and the stones do not test as emeralds with my Presidium tester.

WHAAAAT?????? I’m pretty disgusted to hear that given the price point! I’m going to take mine into my local bench as soon as I get chance.

Have you contacted the seller? What did they say?? At no point in the listing does it mention synthetic. I will rage if it’s mis-sold.

ETA This bracelet came with a certification stating Emeralds & the carat weight. I am not happy to read this AT ALL.

dhimer

Shiny_Rock
I’ve been sick for the last few weeks so jewelry shopping online has been keeping me entertained!
Here are the 3 items I’ve been considering. All in 22-24 k gold. Don’t need any of them, but they are pretty. I hope I feel better soon because my wallet is suffering lol
IMG_6932.jpeg

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
WHAAAAT?????? I’m pretty disgusted to hear that given the price point! I’m going to take mine into my local bench as soon as I get chance.

Have you contacted the seller? What did they say?? At no point in the listing does it mention synthetic. I will rage if it’s mis-sold.

ETA This bracelet came with a certification stating Emeralds & the carat weight. I am not happy to read this AT ALL.

I'm waiting for a reply from the seller.

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock

This is her response:

Hi there,
The gems are lab created for these braceletes.
Thank you

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh, I emailed the seller asking if these are lab and she pointed me to their FAQ which does state that they are lab :confused2:

I should have read the fine print… Caveat emptor :wall:

96CDB932-F529-4A20-842A-F279D306733D.jpeg

Yeah, I saw that too after I purchased. My issue is that I would have thought they would still test as emerald, but they test as really nothing. Glass is the nearest result on the Presidium, and my fear was that they were complete imposters.

Ugh, I emailed the seller asking if these are lab and she pointed me to their FAQ which does state that they are lab :confused2:

this should be called out clearly on the product page though, imo. I guess it's technically not fraud since they do say somewhere on the website that they aren't natural gemstones; but it's definitely meant to be deceptive.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Well, it says lab-created or treated gemstones. So that doesn't mean all are lab and the listing for each piece should indicate which was used. Also, I don't really think it is incumbent upon the buyer to go to FAQs to get this information. It should be spelled out. I'd ask for a refund and if refused, I'd report it to Etsy. While maybe not fraud, it's definitely misleading and the information is placed in the FAQs which is not where it should be really.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
this should be called out clearly on the product page though, imo. I guess it's technically not fraud since they do say somewhere on the website that they aren't natural gemstones; but it's definitely meant to be deceptive.
Completely agree that it’s deceptive. I just read the whole description and I don’t see lab anywhere. Where does one find the FAQ part?

Here’s the description
IMG_0547.jpeg

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Completely agree that it’s deceptive. I just read the whole description and I don’t see lab anywhere. Where does one find the FAQ part?

Here’s the description
IMG_0547.jpeg

You have to go to Shop Policies

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is her response:

Hi there,
The gems are lab created for these braceletes.
Thank you

Oh. My. Goodness.

This is a con. It doesn’t even state Lab Created on the certificate - it states:

Gemstone: Emeralds.
Carat Weight: 0.71

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Here’s the description
IMG_0547.jpeg

This unfortunately is what I saw. I didn’t go to their FAQ section & my cert states Emeralds. Urgh.

I am flat out busy this week, but I am going to MAKE time to get to my local jeweller in the morning & have mine tested. This has peed me RIGHT off…….

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh. My. Goodness.

This is a con. It doesn’t even state Lab Created on the certificate - it states:

Gemstone: Emeralds.
Carat Weight: 0.71

That makes it closer to fraud in my opinion. Definitely report if you want a refund and can't get it. This type of thing makes me so nervous to buy from Etsy vendors. I'm sure most are honest, but one bad experience can really sour you, and there is often little recourse with some of these guys. So sorry for any of you who were mislead by this seller

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
This unfortunately is what I saw. I didn’t go to their FAQ section & my cert states Emeralds. Urgh.

I am flat out busy this week, but I am going to MAKE time to get to my local jeweller in the morning & have mine tested. This has peed me RIGHT off…….

I don’t think you need to bother getting them tested. The seller basically just straight out said they are lab created.

newtojewels

Shiny_Rock
That makes it closer to fraud in my opinion. Definitely report if you want a refund and can't get it. This type of thing makes me so nervous to buy from Etsy vendors. I'm sure most are honest, but one bad experience can really sour you, and there is often little recourse with some of these guys. So sorry for any of you who were mislead by this seller

Not jewelry, but I once admired some beautiful fabric that was listed as 100% silk charmeuse from a fabric shop on Etsy that specializes in high-end and designer fabrics. It was $55/yard which isn't cheap even for silk. My partner got 5 yards of it for me as a gift and luckily he gave it to me early because when I opened it I immediately knew it was polyester. Anyone who knows fabric would have known right away. Going back and forth with the seller was so stressful and awful, and it was a US seller with many 5 star reviews! It took several messages and she was arguing that I did the burn test wrong, that my comparison silk fabric when I sent her a video was really cotton, etc., etc. The messages were clearly intended to cover her when it escalated to a dispute and I made the mistake of going in assuming an honest mistake. Eventually it got resolved when she realized her supplier had listed it as polyester, but we still never got a refund for shipping, it was argumentative the whole time, and she never apologized. And because the item was refunded I couldn't even leave a review. I have been very reluctant to use Etsy since then. I know how to test fabric on my own at least, but jewelry I would just have to rely on the seller.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Agree. Since basically all emeralds are treated, thinking the bracelet had treated emeralds would be a very reasonable assumption from reading the FAQ since lab isn't stated specifically in the item description.

Ah I just noticed this. Yes they say lab OR treated but the item in question doesn't say which is which. Hopefully that would also make a case stronger.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah I just noticed this. Yes they say lab OR treated but the item in question doesn't say which is which. Hopefully that would also make a case stronger.

Yeah, I saw that too after I purchased. My issue is that I would have thought they would still test as emerald, but they test as really nothing. Glass is the nearest result on the Presidium, and my fear was that they were complete imposters.

This is the additional concern so I would think figuring out what they really are is important.

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
After a lot of messages back and forth, the seller is willing to accept a return. I will have to pay for the return shipping (looks to be about $45 through USPS priority flat rate) but I will chalk up that cost to lesson learned about being more cautious about reading the fine print on Etsy.

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Working on these as well. Might not be the final CADs and will be doing removable drops in the same style, but with slightly larger rounds as well. Studs will be 2.30ctw, final earrings with drops will be 5ctw.

DK 102099-QUAD-1.JPG

And here's a photo of the diamonds laid out for the top part:

IMG_3797.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results