shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me the Bling - the Laboratory Grown version!

Ken Naw

Rough_Rock
My first and sure won’t be the last 1.92ct D VS1 H&A coz my size 7 finger makes it look like a 1ct already lol. Still I’m in love :kiss2:

6D5388D8-37C5-4A07-9E94-8EEA4AAB13DC.jpeg

The arrows are so distinct on your diamond. They are easily visible on your gorgeous ring. They just show up as you rotate the ring.

Was it a long journey to find that fabulous diamond?

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
My first and sure won’t be the last 1.92ct D VS1 H&A coz my size 7 finger makes it look like a 1ct already lol. Still I’m in love :kiss2:

That's gorgeous!! Can you please share the stone source?

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
Sharing my new Brian Gavin lab studs. They really wowed me in person!

IMG_8307.jpeg

Brian Gavin Deluxe Lab with 8-prong platinum settings.
.97 D VS1
.95 D VVS2

With their April sale, the total was $2000!

This joins the D .9 ct BG signature lab pendant I got last year.

Their lab diamonds are amazing!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Sharing my new Brian Gavin lab studs. They really wowed me in person!

IMG_8307.jpeg

Brian Gavin Deluxe Lab with 8-prong platinum settings.
.97 D VS1
.95 D VVS2

With their April sale, the total was $2000!

This joins the D .9 ct BG signature lab pendant I got last year.

PXL_20220407_213536077 (1).jpg

Their lab diamonds are amazing!

Lovely suite!:love:

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Don't have it yet, but so excited by the pics, had to share! 0.7ct E VVS antique style marquise in 14K YG by David Klass. I asked for the bezel to be set as low profile as possible, soft knife edge fading to round on the stems. In two minds about polished vs brushed, but going to keep as is and then see how I feel once I've worn it!

This was my first project with DK and he was fabulous to work with - an absolute breeze!
Screenshot_20240509-165041.png Screenshot_20240509-200015.png Screenshot_20240509-200031.png

Engrgrl1

Rough_Rock
Don't have it yet, but so excited by the pics, had to share! 0.7ct E VVS antique style marquise in 14K YG by David Klass. I asked for the bezel to be set as low profile as possible, soft knife edge fading to round on the stems. In two minds about polished vs brushed, but going to keep as is and then see how I feel once I've worn it!

This was my first project with DK and he was fabulous to work with - an absolute breeze!
Screenshot_20240509-165041.png Screenshot_20240509-200015.png Screenshot_20240509-200031.png

It's just beautiful! So elegant!!! I am working with David now on my first project--I was very nervous to do this, but he has been just wonderful to work with. We are almost done with the design and ready to cast!

Frenchieglitter

Rough_Rock
Just purchased a custom made lab diamond tennis necklace and absolutely love it. It's 14.5 inches, 2.15ctw, 14kt yellow gold, buttercup setting, F-G VS-SI. I'm so impressed by the performance of labs! The diamonds are clean, white, and the whole piece is a sparkle bomb. Small but mighty, it has a ton of fire, especially shooting lots of rainbows in the sun... which was so distracting while I was driving the other day, lol.

I specifically chose a dainty carat weight, just wanted a chain of diamonds twinkling around my neck. I already have a large 15ctw, mined diamonds, graduated tennis necklace that I adore, but it's just too big for me every day. This modest piece is perfectly sized for my daily comfort level.

Thanks to @princessk for the recommendation. Elizabeth Jewlery Inc on Etsy was so helpful and patient with me. Despite the small carat weight I had at least a dozen questions and needed a lot of help deciding what I wanted. She stuck it out with me till I figured it out and was comfortable ordering. Very happy, this necklace my new staple piece!!

Attachments

• 20240514_153448.jpg
    20240514_153448.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 20240511_155652.jpg
    20240511_155652.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 38
  • VideoCapture_20240513-155608.jpg
    VideoCapture_20240513-155608.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 20240509_135653.jpg
    20240509_135653.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 37

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Ok posting again because it's here!

Antique cut lab marquise is 0.7ct, uncertified but approx E VVS, 8.8mm x 4.4mm - purchased for a ridiculous price from Darshish of The Diamond Bucket in Surat. The cut is next-level beautiful! Literally ZERO bow tie.

14K yellow gold cuff bangle made by the fabulous David Klass

I am so thrilled with it, it is perfect in every way!
PXL_20240516_005139205.PORTRAIT.jpg PXL_20240516_004848286.PORTRAIT.jpg PXL_20240516_004726436.LONG_EXPOSURE-02.ORIGINAL.jpg

Last edited:

princessk

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Antique cut lab marquise is 0.7ct, uncertified but approx E VVS, 8.8mm x 4.4mm - purchased for a ridiculous price from Darshish of The Diamond Bucket in Surat. The cut is next-level beautiful! Literally ZERO bow tie.

PXL_20240516_005139205.PORTRAIT.jpg PXL_20240516_004848286.PORTRAIT.jpg PXL_20240516_004726436.LONG_EXPOSURE-02.ORIGINAL.jpg
Just purchased a custom made lab diamond tennis necklace and absolutely love it. It's 14.5 inches, 2.15ctw, 14kt yellow gold, buttercup setting, F-G VS-SI. I'm so impressed by the performance of labs! The diamonds are clean, white, and the whole piece is a sparkle bomb. Small but mighty, it has a ton of fire, especially shooting lots of rainbows in the sun... which was so distracting while I was driving the other day, lol.

I specifically chose a dainty carat weight, just wanted a chain of diamonds twinkling around my neck. I already have a large 15ctw, mined diamonds, graduated tennis necklace that I adore, but it's just too big for me every day. This modest piece is perfectly sized for my daily comfort level.

Thanks to @princessk for the recommendation. Elizabeth Jewlery Inc on Etsy was so helpful and patient with me. Despite the small carat weight I had at least a dozen questions and needed a lot of help deciding what I wanted. She stuck it out with me till I figured it out and was comfortable ordering. Very happy, this necklace my new staple piece!!

Omg! Absolutely stunning. This cannot be only 2.15 carats. I’m starting to think I need a buttercup setting too! So happy for you. I find I too wear my everyday necklace more than my higher carat version. Enjoy and it’s your fault if I get a third!

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock

This is SO gorgeous! Can you share more information about the vendor for you lab diamond. I love antique cuts, but they are so hard to come by. This one is stunning!!!!

Frenchieglitter

Rough_Rock
Thanks @princessk ! From your example I focused on the diamond mm size first, and ctw second. I worked with Elizabeth from their 2.15ctw listing and, after some back and forth, decided to go for the full 2.15, but shorten it 14.5 inches. So the diamonds ended up a slightly larger mm, but the end result really hit all my requirements... a noticeable twinkling presence without overwhelming me.

And I'm happy to be an enabler!! Makes me feel like a true PSer :mrgreen2: I'm already thinking I could go for another one myself :lol-2:!! Maybe a classic 4 prong basket like yours! 2 of these sweet ladies would look so chic in a neck mess!!

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
This is SO gorgeous! Can you share more information about the vendor for you lab diamond. I love antique cuts, but they are so hard to come by. This one is stunning!!!!

I contacted them through IG. There are so so so so so many diamond cutters, dealers and jewellers in Surat - need to sift through and work out who you feel comfortable with it as it's certainly a different business model, but the savings are significant (very significant). No red carpet, no returns, no ASET, no fancy website, everything done via WhatsApp (which I actually really like!) etc. But after vetting, I have found those I've worked with really good. This one is from @the_diamond_bucket_lab - also has a sister account for natural diamonds - and he's been great. He supplies quite a few vendors mentioned frequently on PS.

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
I contacted them through IG. There are so so so so so many diamond cutters, dealers and jewellers in Surat - need to sift through and work out who you feel comfortable with it as it's certainly a different business model, but the savings are significant (very significant). No red carpet, no returns, no ASET, no fancy website, everything done via WhatsApp (which I actually really like!) etc. But after vetting, I have found those I've worked with really good. This one is from @the_diamond_bucket_lab - also has a sister account for natural diamonds - and he's been great. He supplies quite a few vendors mentioned frequently on PS.

I absolutely adore your new piece. I was very surprised though to see you had a good experience from this vendor. I found him to be incredibly rude and non responsive. He left such a negative impression with me that I feel the need to mention.

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
I absolutely adore your new piece. I was very surprised though to see you had a good experience from this vendor. I found him to be incredibly rude and non responsive. He left such a negative impression with me that I feel the need to mention.

@pancake , I’m very intrigued. Is there anybody else you liked besides the diamond bucket?

JV36912

Brilliant_Rock
@pancake & @Mjay thank you both for sharing. I think having both perspectives are so important in helping consumers make educated decision- caveat emptor. second @mayaINaU 's question. If there's anyone else you recommend, please share. In the meantime, I 'll just enjoy the gorgeous beauties shared here!

pancake

Brilliant_Rock

Yes absolutely, YMMV. I'm sorry to hear you had a negative experience! The worst I could say is that sometimes the communication can be a little abrupt but I think that is primarily a language issue. I have only bought the one stone from him thus far but we have discussed custom cuts from both natural and lab rough and he has generally been responsive and helpful. I actually wasn't looking to make a bangle - he randomly sent me a video of the stone saying he thought I might like it, and the rest is history.

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
@pancake & @Mjay thank you both for sharing. I think having both perspectives are so important in helping consumers make educated decision- caveat emptor. second @mayaINaU 's question. If there's anyone else you recommend, please share. In the meantime, I 'll just enjoy the gorgeous beauties shared here!

My diamond huggies (further up this thread) are from Khamkar Diamond - Satish was excellent. I have a tiny pave mini huggies from DiamondCrush, also on Etsy - they were also great. In terms of buying loose stones, I have had discussions with several, and all have been helpful though I haven't purchased. Pravajya Exports on IG was one of them, I'll see if I can find the others.

I currently have a tennis bracelet being made by another jeweller/dealer in Surat, will post when I have it. He has also been very responsive and helpful.

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
My diamond huggies (further up this thread) are from Khamkar Diamond - Satish was excellent. I have a tiny pave mini huggies from DiamondCrush, also on Etsy - they were also great. In terms of buying loose stones, I have had discussions with several, and all have been helpful though I haven't purchased. Pravajya Exports on IG was one of them, I'll see if I can find the others.

I currently have a tennis bracelet being made by another jeweller/dealer in Surat, will post when I have it. He has also been very responsive and helpful.

My frugal little heart loves this. Thanks!!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
. He supplies quite a few vendors mentioned frequently on PS.

This is an example of something I wish more people knew. The Etsy and IG sellers that some people turn their noses up at are the ones supplying the stones and crafting the settings for quite a few big name vendors.

ETA your bracelet is awesome!

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
This is an example of something I wish more people knew. The Etsy and IG sellers that some people turn their noses up at are the ones supplying the stones and crafting the settings for quite a few big name vendors.

ETA your bracelet is awesome!

Thank you!

Re Etsy/IG, I think it's all about the consumer knowing what they are getting - which means different things to different people. The aspects that increase "buying comfort" are also the ones that increase prices, often steeply. As ever, it's about knowing what you don't know, and working out whether the simpler straight-to-consumer model can work for you. It works for me, so far - fingers crossed!

I did giggle a bit when DK asked me how much he should insure the stone for (my answer was, don't bother). He is resetting my antique OEC studs and a natural fancy brown yellow for me next, so my answer is different for those

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results