shape
carat
color
clarity

Less of me to love. I've shed 50 pounds in 10 months

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Before starting Ozempid last June my weight peaked over 230.
Today it's 180.
BMI was 31 or 32, and 30 is classified obese.
Now it's 26.

Better yet, all the results for all of my medical tests are now in the normal range for a healthy person.
Believe it or not, I haven't exercised any more since starting Oz.
50 pounds went poof while remaining a lazy couch office-chair potato. :eek2:

Amazing!
Just Amazing! :dance:

My doctor is ordering a new sleep test to see if my Sleep Apnea is gone.
Often substantial weight loss changes the anatomy of the airways enough that it no longer relaxes and closes up during sleep.

I have my fingers crossed.
My fancy CPAP machine is wonderful example of the technology, but the mask itself and the whole process is a huge hassle that I'd welcome leaving in the past.

People say I look great, but I think I looked much better with a rounder face and more cushion for the pushin. :evil2:
But being healthier pawns looks by a long shot.

Thank Glob for medical science!!! .... oh, and also for good insurance, and white male privilege, unfair though I know it is!

Fortunately I was too lazy to throw away several large bags of clothes from long ago.
Now I'll exchange my recent thrift store 'wardrobe' (if you could call it a wardrobe :knockout: ) for my old one.
... and back then I shopped at Nordstrom, not the thrift stores.

Good thing I don't depend on the latest fashions for self esteem.
I may move my Octavia tension set ring to a different finger, as you can't resize a tension setting.
But, hey, I get more finger coverage now. :clap:

Last edited:

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Glob is good! Congratulations! :dance:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Before starting Ozempid last June my weight peaked over 230.
Today it's 180.
BMI was 31 or 32, and 30 is classified obese.
Now it's 26.

Better yet, all the results for all of my medical tests are now in the normal range for a healthy person.
Believe it or not, I haven't exercised any more since starting Oz.
50 pounds went poof while remaining a lazy couch office-chair potato. :eek2:

Amazing!
Just Amazing! :dance:

My doctor is ordering a new sleep test to see if my Sleep Apnea is gone.
Often substantial weight loss changes the anatomy of the airways enough that it no longer relaxes and closes up during sleep.

I have my fingers crossed.
My fancy CPAP machine is wonderful example of the technology, but the mask itself and the whole process is a huge hassle that I'd welcome leaving in the past.

People say I look great, but I think I looked much better with a rounder face and more cushion for the pushin. :evil2:
But being healthier pawns looks by a long shot.

Thank Glob for medical science!!! .... oh, and also for good insurance, and white male privilege, unfair though I know it is!

Fortunately I was too lazy to throw away several large bags of clothes from long ago.
Now I'll exchange my recent thrift store 'wardrobe' (if you could call it a wardrobe :knockout: ) for my old one.
... and back then I shopped at Nordstrom, not the thrift stores.

Good thing I don't depend on the latest fashions for self esteem.
I may move my Octavia tension set ring to a different finger, as you can't resize a tension setting.
But, hey, I get more finger coverage now. :clap:

Congratulations and check with Bruce if it's still in one of his settings! He was able to size my husband's ring a bit bc the titanium is so springy.

Brigid

Shiny_Rock
Well done to you, keep enjoying the lightness of life!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kudos to you Kenny. Here's to good health and feeling well

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations and check with Bruce if it's still in one of his settings! He was able to size my husband's ring a bit bc the titanium is so springy.

Thanks, I'll contact Bruce Boone.

FWIW, I think springy would be good if the ring had to be stretched to fit a larger finger.
But mine would need to be squeezed to fit a smaller finger.

Plus, it's not titanium.
Three of my first tension four settings were titanium, but my then-partner's (which held the first Octavia sold) turned quite dark over the years.
So when mine was made I opted for Cobalt Chrome.
The left ring is my Ex's Octavia, mine is on the right.

7.png

I have no idea of the metallurgical properties of Cobalt Chrome alloy.

But as you said, I need to ask Bruce.

I doubt I'd ever put the weight back on, since Ozempic (to treat diabetes) is for life, a healthier life, but for life.

Last edited:

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's great, Kenny.

Can I ask:
Do you have an appetite and still enjoy your food?
Do you do anything to counteract muscle loss? I had read that doctors have been seeing some people on Ozempic becoming rapidly frail from muscle loss.
Do you expect to have to take this med forever to prevent regaining the weight?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is wonderful! I have heard though that if and when folks stop these drugs, the weight can come back. Will they keep you on this medication indefinitely? 50 lb. weight loss is impressive - enjoy all the benefits it provides!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Kenny, that's Awesome!!! So happy for you!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Great news!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
... and back then I shopped at Nordstrom, not the thrift stores

Congrats on the weightloss! And you’re lucky to have an old wardrobe to wear! I’m just like you, I have clothes from my pre-kids era to my now menopausal self, so all sizes and shapes that I have kept because my clothes from pre-kids are such great quality and timeless, I just kept them! You never know when they’ll fit again !

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, I'll contact Bruce Boone.

FWIW, I think springy would be good if the ring had to be stretched to fit a larger finger.
But mine would need to be squeezed to fit a smaller finger.

Plus, it's not titanium.
Three of my first tension four settings were titanium, but my then-partner's (which held the first Octavia sold) turned quite dark over the years.
So when mine was made I opted for Cobalt Chrome.
The left ring is my Ex's Octavia, mine is on the right.

7.png

I have no idea of the metallurgical properties of Cobalt Chrome alloy.

But as you said, I need to ask Bruce.

I doubt I'd ever put the weight back on, since Ozempic (to treat diabetes) is for life, a healthier life, but for life.

Ah I didn't know you went for the Cobalt! DH's was titanium and it was resized smaller.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! Dh and I have also been losing weight, and his sleep apnea has almost completely resolved. It's quite amazing, and he's sleeping so much better.

I too have not thrown away my "Small" clothes, and I definitely spent more money on the clothing back then! It's nice to try on old stuff that hasnt fit in a long time and see how great it looks now.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great job Kenny - well done!

Sunrises Sunsets

Shiny_Rock
Happy for you, Kenny! Weight loss like that is bound to make you "younger" with less stress on the joints, heart and gut. Isn't moving around so much easier and enjoyable now?

So many of us are struggling with poundage these days, it's nice to see someone break through the battle. =)2

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Great job! Give yourself a year and you will see changes in your face.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I may move my Octavia tension set ring to a different finger, as you can't resize a tension setting

Just swap in a smaller diamond.

Congrats, btw!

m-cubed

Shiny_Rock
That is wonderful! I have heard though that if and when folks stop these drugs, the weight can come back. Will they keep you on this medication indefinitely? 50 lb. weight loss is impressive - enjoy all the benefits it provides!!

I am working with a bariatric doctor currently to manage my own weight (starting first with diet and exercise). She describes the injectable drugs as tools, which will help you but you also need to make lifestyle changes. Insurance generally covers a year on the drugs, and she says she has patients who continue to lose weight after they come off the drugs because they have made changes, but of course others gain weight back. I am learning a lot and happy to have found a supportive doc.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's great, Kenny.

Can I ask:
Do you have an appetite and still enjoy your food?
Do you do anything to counteract muscle loss? I had read that doctors have been seeing some people on Ozempic becoming rapidly frail from muscle loss.
Do you expect to have to take this med forever to prevent regaining the weight?

Yes, I still enjoy food.

I'm far from frail, but know not exercising is not good.
I gotta get off my fat skinny @ss and start swimming laps again.

About the future?
We'll see.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! Dh and I have also been losing weight, and his sleep apnea has almost completely resolved. It's quite amazing, and he's sleeping so much better.

I too have not thrown away my "Small" clothes, and I definitely spent more money on the clothing back then! It's nice to try on old stuff that hasnt fit in a long time and see how great it looks now.

Kudos to you two! :dance:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congrats Kenny!!!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am working with a bariatric doctor currently to manage my own weight (starting first with diet and exercise). She describes the injectable drugs as tools, which will help you but you also need to make lifestyle changes. Insurance generally covers a year on the drugs, and she says she has patients who continue to lose weight after they come off the drugs because they have made changes, but of course others gain weight back. I am learning a lot and happy to have found a supportive doc.

I need to ask my doctor and my insurance company about the future and Ozempic, then plan accordingly.
Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know.

Well, you eat very healthy so you will probably be able to keep the weight off either way. It is a great accomplishment!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results