shape
carat
color
clarity

It's Cicada Time! Have you seen or heard any yet?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah Baby! tenor-3161496465.gif FINALLY, it's TIME!

and ....... Oh, Yum Yum Yum!

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
its been a few weeks since i hard one as its starting to get a bit frosty in the mornings now, the last one i saw was under the clothes line being tourmented by PuffBall - i think he ate it, guess it was keeping him awake too

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
its been a few weeks since i hard one as its starting to get a bit frosty in the mornings now, the last one i saw was under the clothes line being tourmented by PuffBall - i think he ate it, guess it was keeping him awake too

I hope Puffball brushes his teeth before he kisses you!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got them yesterday. The driveway is crunchy and the lawn and garden has holes. Last night my granddaughter caught three for “pets”. Thank goodness the havnt started making noise yet. I get planes into Ohare go over every two minutes most nights but that’s nothing compared to the cicadas. After these die the annual late July- September starts. It’s going to be one noisy summer.
IMG_5259.jpeg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly, having lived in New Zealand, I miss the sound of those little guys at night. I find it soothing, like white noise to a baby. We get crickets in the UK but not en masse.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I'm scared.

cheers--Sharon

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope Puffball brushes his teeth before he kisses you!

i felt a bit sorry for the poor thing (the wings are so pretty) but Gary said its good for PuffBall's mental health ! -the Puffer does not kiss Gary !!! -i get all the Puffer love !

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honestly, having lived in New Zealand, I miss the sound of those little guys at night. I find it soothing, like white noise to a baby. We get crickets in the UK but not en masse.

you know i dont ever remember them in Dunedin or for that matter at Moeraki, we got very loud frogs there,
i first came accross them in South Africa but we deffinalty got them in Tawa and we definatly get them here !
there was this very noisy minner bird who woke everyone up this morning -it was dark and cold
we also have a magpie who likes to talk minner bird and tui's who will mimic anything, the younger tui's are not very melodic when they are learning

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whew, at least you can get some rest.

Even though, up till age 10, we lived where the maps show heavy cicada populations, I've never heard it.

It's hard to believe I can't remember the sound if it's louder than being near a jet taking off.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Whew, at least you can get some rest.

Even though, up till age 10, we lived where the maps show heavy cicada populations, I've never heard it.

It's hard to believe I can't remember the sound if it's louder than being near a jet taking off.

I think those comparisons are a little exaggerated. It’s pretty loud but at the same time it also becomes a sort of white noise.

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
Not yet in Eastern PA. It has been cloudy, rainy and cool the past 2 weeks so I don’t know if that makes a difference. My peonies are a few days late because of the weather so we shall see. We do live in a rural area and last time they were incredibly loud.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not yet at the jersey shore Monmouth county

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They started showing up in Missouri Friday. Each day it gets louder!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Interesting that they come out at different intervals depending on the area you live. In middle TN they are in full swing.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't seen or heard any in MA. I'm not sure if we get them here, or not. Does anyone know?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apparently cicadas take sides too. ;)2

Look where the Biden and the Trump supporters live.

254.png

Last edited:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd love to see a video collection of of people freaking out when one is crawling in their hair, in their shirt, on their face.

LOL :lol-2:
I'm so easily amused! :nono::nono::nono:

Last edited:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I'd love to see a collection of vids of people freaking out when one is crawling in their hair, in their shirt, on their face. LOL :lol-2:

I'm easily amused!

Has happened to me too many times already! Luckily I wasn’t captured on video (that I know of).

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I live very close to western springs and this is what my yard looks like. One landed on me yesterday and I about peed my pants screaming. I heard on the radio some kid found a super rare blue eyed one and donated it to the Field Museum. I’m on the look out for blue eyes now. We had storms this morning so they have been quiet but now a break in the storms and the noise is going crazy! Even the birds and squirrels seem full and over it. I hATE cicadas!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results