shape
carat
color
clarity

Back pain

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I've strained my lower back somehow. Now I'm off work with lower back strain and am having those painful twinges that stiffen you right up.

Chiro only does muscle manipulation on me as I have osteoporosis. She said she felt a knot in one of my erectors and so did a muscle release on that. She also did a leg maneuver that I felt in that knot area.

My lumbar back is sore and I just had another painful twinge and am stiffening up. To be expected with lower back strain? Back strains are the most miserable things in existence but if anyone can ease my mind a bit I'd sure appreciate it. The twinges are painful and they frighten me.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Thanks @kenny. Bad pain/issues suck.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it indeed sucks!

My DH suffers from intermittent back pain.
Sometimes he doesn't get out of bed for a day ... or two. :blackeye:

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Yes, it indeed sucks!

My DH suffers from intermittent back pain.
Sometimes he doesn't get out of bed for a day ... or two. :blackeye:

Sorry to hear that! Backs sure make their feelings known in a big way.

Mine relapses and it always scares the hell out of me. Such a loss of control when the back goes.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear that! Backs sure make their feelings known in a big way.

Mine relapses and it always scares the hell out of me. Such a loss of control when the back goes.

So sorry for this recurring issue. Take care--healing vibes across the kms....

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Back pain sucks! Years of working on my feet all day wearing 3.5-4” heels really did a number on mine. I have to be seriously mindful of doing ab workouts regularly to keep my core strength which really helps with my back pain. Still, there are days when I can barely stand to load/unload the dishwasher and have to take multiple breaks just doing normal household tasks because I’m in so much pain.

Last time I moved house, it took me two months to recover; I saw massage therapists several times and just had to get through it. I’m sure I have something going on with a disc or several but last time I mentioned back pain to my last doctor, she hurriedly brushed me off and said “combine Tylenol and ibuprofen” and left the room. I hadn’t even asked her about pain management. I wanted to try to get imaging of my spine to determine the cause!

Sending healing vibes your way.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Awful. Pure misery. Sit, stand, walk and lay down in 20 minute increments.
I didn't have a defined event, just a series of small stressors that led to a moderate/high strain. The twinges are painful and frightening as then the spasming starts. I'm taking Advil every 6 hours.
I. Hate. This.

Sorry you're my sister in misery (at times) @monarch64.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
backs suck big time
i dont want to say much because touch wood mine has kind of come right of late .
im a great beleaver in being gentle but still do what you can
take care dear @Begonia

m-cubed

Shiny_Rock
Yes, twinges and stiffening are to be expected. I find heat helpful. I wear those thermacare pads because they last 12+ hours and I can just put it on and go about my day. I also do high dose ibuprofen (my stomach can tolerate it). For really bad episodes, which I define as so painful I seriously am not sure I can get off the bed to go use the bathroom, I have had docs prescribe a very short course of steroids and muscle relaxants. 2-3 days of that usually gets me mobile again. Mostly it’s ibuprofen, being mindful of posture and a monthly massage for me.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Yes, twinges and stiffening are to be expected. I find heat helpful. I wear those thermacare pads because they last 12+ hours and I can just put it on and go about my day. I also do high dose ibuprofen (my stomach can tolerate it). For really bad episodes, which I define as so painful I seriously am not sure I can get off the bed to go use the bathroom, I have had docs prescribe a very short course of steroids and muscle relaxants. 2-3 days of that usually gets me mobile again. Mostly it’s ibuprofen, being mindful of posture and a monthly massage for me.

Okay. Thank you @m-cubed. I've been here before but just checking about symptoms. I do have a docs appt but they can't get me in until the 22nd.
Good tip about the thermacare pads!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
backs suck big time
i dont want to say much because touch wood mine has kind of come right of late .
im a great beleaver in being gentle but still do what you can
take care dear @Begonia

They sure do @Daisys and Diamonds. Not entirely sure how I got here... series of smaller things but my back is so dodgy now after a work accident in '17. Trying not to blow my savings by online shopping LOL.

m-cubed

Shiny_Rock
Okay. Thank you @m-cubed. I've been here before but just checking about symptoms. I do have a docs appt but they can't get me in until the 22nd.
Good tip about the thermacare pads!

Do you have a telehealth option to get some guidance before then?

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Do you have a telehealth option to get some guidance before then?

Yes, we do. I'll give that a go.
I'm seeing a chiropractor and she sees nothing beyond a strain. Today is a bit better and I haven't taken my meds yet. Baby steps eh?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
They sure do @Daisys and Diamonds. Not entirely sure how I got here... series of smaller things but my back is so dodgy now after a work accident in '17. Trying not to blow my savings by online shopping LOL.

you seem to have more than your fair share dear Begonia:(
i have sciatica, but its currently keeping a thankfully low profile, doesnt help my knee but i can almost manage :(
i just hope yours in quietly getting better and one day the pain will have slipped your mind because it has got better
1715204397618.jpeg

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
If the pain is in one area, we've had very good luck with Aspercreme extra large lidocaine patches. They used to be by prescription only so they're good stuff. My husband wears one every single day and it really helps. Hope you feel better soon.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
you seem to have more than your fair share dear Begonia:(
i have sciatica, but its currently keeping a thankfully low profile, doesnt help my knee but i can almost manage :(
i just hope yours in quietly getting better and one day the pain will have slipped your mind because it has got better
1715204397618.jpeg

I love the flowers! Thank you sweet lady :)

Sciatica is awful - get that myself on the regular. I hope it doesn't trouble you too often.

Seems all I do is try to figure out what exercises to do to strengthen but not too much to exacerbate. Throw osteoporosis in the mix and it's beyond my ability to figure it out.

This pain will go, eventually. Until next time. Stupid pain.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the flowers! Thank you sweet lady :)

Sciatica is awful - get that myself on the regular. I hope it doesn't trouble you too often.

Seems all I do is try to figure out what exercises to do to strengthen but not too much to exacerbate. Throw osteoporosis in the mix and it's beyond my ability to figure it out.

This pain will go, eventually. Until next time. Stupid pain.

year
stupid pain:(

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
If the pain is in one area, we've had very good luck with Aspercreme extra large lidocaine patches. They used to be by prescription only so they're good stuff. My husband wears one every single day and it really helps. Hope you feel better soon.

I'll check that out. Many thanks for the tip.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry you are hurting. Painful twinges sound like muscle spasms. Perhaps talk to your doctor about prescribing some Baclofen for some short term relief.

ExplorePS

Rough_Rock
Oh my goodness... I just posted a thread about my back pains and then came across yours. Hope you are feeling better.

Have you done any PT work or done any X-rays/MRIs? I'm guessing our situations are different as it sounds more like a muscle that needs to loosen up overtime etc?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results