shape
carat
color
clarity

Appraiser in Orange County/San Diego/LA

JisforJennifer

Rough_Rock
Looking for an appraiser in Orange County or vicinity. My current appraisals don’t indicate the stones are WF ACA and WF ES and the value is really inflated. 3.17 JSI ACA is appraised is at 54K, yikes. My JM insurance renews next week and the only way to adjust the policy to the correct values is to provide new appraisals. Thank you!!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

You might also provide the following info to the appraiser that WF has:
3.24 J/SI1 $28650 wire
3.29 J/SI1 $29100 wire

And of course, make sure the appraiser knows that this is for insurance purposes
(you do not want a feel-good appraisal), and you basically want replacement cost + some percentage.

Last edited:

JisforJennifer

Rough_Rock

You might also provide the following info to the appraiser that WF has:
3.24 J/SI1 $28650 wire
3.29 J/SI1 $29100 wire

And of course, make sure the appraiser knows that this is for insurance purposes
(you do not want a feel-good appraisal), and you basically want replacement cost + some percentage.

Thank you so much - completely forgot about the Pricescope appraisers page. Just left a message for Vickie Adams. I sure did receive several “feel good” appraisals and have definitely been overpaying for JM insurance. Thank you also for the WF comps, will definitely bring these to her attention!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FWIW I worked with Thom Underwood some years back and found him professional and reliable -- he's listed on the PS Appraisers page -- located in in the Old Town area of San Diego -- https://www.sdgemlab.com/

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoops...I think those 2 stones I posted were virtual stones (didn't have the "Ready To Ship" turned on and was looking at them
in the non-picture format).

Edit...
there is a 3.05 J/VS2 A Cut Above for about $33700. That's the closest I could find.

JisforJennifer

Rough_Rock
FWIW I worked with Thom Underwood some years back and found him professional and reliable -- he's listed on the PS Appraisers page -- located in in the Old Town area of San Diego -- https://www.sdgemlab.com/

Thank you so much for the information especially since you worked with him. I’ll reach out to him.

JisforJennifer

Rough_Rock
Whoops...I think those 2 stones I posted were virtual stones (didn't have the "Ready To Ship" turned on and was looking at them
in the non-picture format).

Edit...
there is a 3.05 J/VS2 A Cut Above for about $33700. That's the closest I could find.

Thank you so much, will make sure to reference this stone when getting the appraisal.

JisforJennifer

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much to @tyty333 amd @marymm for their great advice. Wanted to report back that Elliot Grunwald is now the appraiser at SDGemLab as Thom Underwood has retired. Was able to get in for updated appraisals yesterday. Elliot was thorough and personable and I was able to sit in on the process which was about 75-80 minutes for 5 items. I would highly recommend Elliot. The office is located in Hamel Jewelers and there is a parking lot attached next door for easy and safe parking.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results